Obama says we have been “debating” the ObamaCare bill for a year, and now it’s time to ram it through in a down – or up-yours anyway – vote.
In the first tough interview of his Presidency, he told Fox News that he would know what is in the bill 72 hours before the House tries to pass it. Obama seemed frustrated that the vast majority of the country is against his bill. It turns out that president-ing is harder than community organizing. Both, for Obama, involve ACORN-like shakedowns of the federal government for people who will support you.
What we saw in the past year was the Deemocrats having to bribe, using our tax dollars, their own super-majority party to pass this massive takeover of 1/6th of our economy. President Obama said all aspects of the bill are agreed upon except, of course, minor details like how to pay for it, whether it covers illegal immigrants and funding for abortions, and how to cover more than 30 million more people who currently do not have health insurance without adding doctors and/or rationing care. Other than that, Pelosi and Reid seem to have it done.
Well worth reading, Obama Administration instructional manual Atlas Shrugged is 1,300 pages long. It took me two weeks to read – and it was well written. This “health care reform” bill is 2,000 plus pages and is written in cryptic Washington-speak, much like the Da Vinci Code, but we are expected to make a decision on it in 72 hours? It feels like the hard sell you get from a car salesman when he gets you in that little room with the closing guy, starts shoving documents at you to sign all fast and furious, and tells you not to worry your pretty little head over it.
Since our representatives have not read the bill, I will not read the bill for you and tell you what it says.
- On the issue of how we are going to cover the 30 million-plus new illegals and others of our citizens who have not seen fit to take care of themselves by getting any coverage so far, Dr. Ahmed Patel of Manhattan, Kansas has agreed to see these patients. While he readily admits Manhattan was not quite the place he imagined when he moved to our country to practice medicine three years ago, he thinks the additional 30 million patients will be a boon to his business. He is centrally located in Kansas, making him convenient to all Americans.
- There is a provision in the bill to hire all Democrats booted out of office because they voted for this bill. Where? In the government monstrosity they just created. Like Representative Billy Tauzin of the politically honest state of Louisiana found out when he championed the Bush Medicare prescription drug entitlement disaster, there are $2 million-a-year jobs with pharmaceutical companies waiting for you once you leave Congress (a.k.a. the scene of the crime).
- Obama has promised not to stump for Democrats who vote for this bill in their next election campaigns. Political pundits and the Congressional Budget Office score this as being worth 12 points for any Democrat who can keep Obama out of his district.
- We know that attempting to “deem” the Senate version of the health care bill as passed when it has not actually been voted on is unconstitutional under Article 1, Section 7: “…and that all bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.” But we Democrats find the U.S. Constitution quaint, except for the Fifth Amendment, and only mention it when it suits our agenda. We promise to continue this expedient practice.
- Democrats would also like to put you on 72 hours’ notice that Obama’s Julius Caesar haircut should serve as fair warning of his ultimate goal. As you know, Julius Caesar overthrew the Roman Republic in a series of bold power grabs and set in motion the end of the once-proud Roman Empire. Consider yourself notified. Nothing good lasts forever.
Congress is making a serious mistake. I hope you will call or e-mail your representatives to protest. We cannot continue to mortgage our children’s and grandchildren’s future.